Friday, May 10, 2013

high five for friday (11) + it's the freakin weekend

DANCE PARTY TIME!

Happy Friday

It's been a long week. Here's a rundown of it.
Photo

1. I graduated!!! I promise this is the last time I will bring up the graduation ceremony itself. At least for another week or so. Funny story: the ceremony was boring and I was starving so me and my blonde friend A here "went to the bathroom" when there was still a long line of graduates remaining. I'll take this moment to apologize to the lady I lied to about it. I hate lying. But I was really hungry and feeling faint and my family actually appreciated it after a moment of arguing. Third graduation ceremony in seven years. I deserved to leave when I pleased. Don't judge me.

2. The celebrating part after was tons of fun. Dinner with family then my homegirl's graduation party. Correction: too much fun. I couldn't nap Sunday and was grouchy. Thankfully, not hungover though. It was quite strange, but I accepted it and moved on.

3. I did get to the pool in celebration of Cinco de Mayo, and there was this: 
If the school counseling thing doesn't happen soon, I can clearly try my talents at art, right?

My friend's post pretty much explains it all. He (not I, I refused) whipped out some Spanish to ask a lady how to make queso dip. I wanted Moe's and the line was 5 miles long. Sorry, the queso is fabulous, but not that worth it. "I'll make it" I say. I have no idea how to make queso. He asks, she explains. Now I did pretty well in Spanish classes - in high school. That was 7 years ago! I haven't kept up. Thank goodness she knew words like sour cream and pointed to the cheeses we needed. We still didn't understand, but we bought the cheese and sour cream. Guess what? It worked out well! At least while it was on the stove it was good. Off heat, it turned solid pretty quick. Noted for next time.

4. I got to spend a butt load of time with this sweet thing.
Photo: Sitting proper

Unfortunately it was because I am sick and unemployed. Yep, 10 days of antibiotics and on the job hunt still. Which is also part of this #4 of high 5. I learned some sort of exciting information regarding a potential job situation on Thursday morning and it made me hopeful again. Good timing too because Monday I was one teary-eyed sick person and down in the dumps. 

5. Party time tonight to celebrate my friend J's new job! Way to go! (Not that she reads this - I'm pretty sure she doesn't even know I blog, like most people I interact with face to face) I will be celebrating without alcohol because of my sickness and will also be designated driver so it should be entertaining to say the least.  Beach on Saturday and Mother's Day on Sunday - it's shaping up to be a beautiful weekend!

Happy Mother's Day to all the momma's out there. Hope your kiddos spoil you!

Ignition (Remix) by R Kelly on Grooveshark


Linking up for the usual
 photo H54Fbutton-triangle_zps678b65ba.jpg

Check out my sponsor:

post signature

7 comments:

  1. Visiting from High Five for Friday. I'd like to invite you to my Friday Flash Blog, where you can share your best blog entry of the week! The party goes on ALL weekend at thejennyevolution.com. And who knows, you may just get featured next week.

    Jennifer
    thejennyevolution.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on graduation!

    http://ratrlzblogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations girl! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU GRADUATEDDDDDD! :) YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had a good weekend and are feelings better :)

    ReplyDelete